Inspiring Induction Practices
This session is designed to enable staff to:
- produce an aspirational quality standard for Induction
- explore the Formula for Optimal Flow and explore its impact on the production of schemes of work and lesson plans for the extended induction period
- prepare for inspection by considering the implications of the new Ofsted Education Inspection Framework with its focus on Intent and Implementation.
To support delegates in their post-session conversations and the embedding of the practice discussed, please find all of the session resources below:
Wiki tasks from online training sessions
- Quality Standard for Induction – Jamboard
- The Induction Quality Standard – Task 1 wiki
- The Induction ‘Zone’ Experience – Task 2 wiki
Other resources you may find useful
- Excellence in the Arts: Beyond the comfort zone – A film about how to run an outstanding college department.
- ArtsWork – A film about how outstanding teaching transforms learners’ lives. Includes examples of outstanding teachers at work.
- Six short films showing outstanding use of technology
- Stop learners handing written work in late – ever again
- Work-based learning on film – A unique resource to help you improve the impact of your observation system and sharpen your observers’ ability to judge impact
Other sessions you may find useful
- Supercharged evaluation skills
- Independent learning
- Transformational Lesson Observation
- Tricked out Tutorials
- Wiki Wonderland
- “Yes, we’re all individuals” Brian 1979
Have your say:
Did the session help you understand how commonplace teaching habits can reduce or deny the development of learners’ independent learning skills? Are you now able to see how you can constructively review your own practice? Please use the comments form to the right to leave us your thoughts. Are you experimenting with learners’ independent learning skills, and would you be willing to share your ideas for the benefit of others? Please use the email address on the Contact page and we’d be delighted to add your example to our growing resource.