Tools for online engagement and blended learning
- Location Zoom
- Date Thursday 7th October 21
- Time 13:00 to 16:30
- Cost £39
To book onto this session, please click the Request Invoice (if you are an organisation) or PayPal (if you are an individual). To request an invoice for larger bookings, please drop me a line.
Please remember to add the name, organisation and email address of the delegates so that the joining instructions can be forwarded. Please also add any discount codes you wish to apply to this booking.
[Please note that you can pay by credit card via the PayPal button. Simply choose the PayPal option, then select the grey ‘Check Out’ option in the shopping cart.]
3.5 hour interactive online training session.
The pandemic has not caused a revolution in technology-enhanced learning. It has, however, changed voluntary use to compulsory. Tech-nuts, like me, are in pedagogy paradise right now, but I know that’s not the case for everyone.
Just one of the many challenges to overcome with online learning is to sift through the very many options available to find those with real pedagogy pedigree – tools that are effective in engaging learners and changing what they are able to do next. The technology we choose to assimilate into our teaching practice should enable us to be better, not simply cope with the challenge of online learning. In this session, then, we will explore what enables us to move forward.
Along with firm pedagogy roots, here are some of the other criteria that the technology under review had to meet. They have to:
- be modelled in the session, not simply talked about
- be free, and
- produce a positive emotional response in our learners
- contribute to differentiated learning.
We’ll look at tools for pre-learning that make learners curious, interested, prepared and committed. We’ll look at in-lesson tools that create group learning from individual contributions and techniques for ensuring that every learner answers every question, rather than just the chosen few. And we’ll look at tools for ensuring that the lesson is just the beginning of the learning process.
Whether our learning stays online, or becomes a blend, this session will help delegates make the right pedagogy choices to benefit all of their learners.
By the end of the session, delegates will/be able to:
- write a reflection on their experience of using each of the technologies under review
- document their actual, and their learners’ potential, emotional response to each technology
- identify the top three new technologies they will experiment with
- set out a plan for a research lesson in which they will experiment with some of the new technologies.
What the delegates say
For an overview of feedback on this session, please click here.
These comments can be invaluable when generating curiosity about forthcoming training.
- Tony you’re inspiring – this session has impacted on me greatly and I can’t wait to start implementing what I have learnt today when I cascade this to tutors (after further practise). Well and truly taken out of my comfort zone – thank you.
- It was fantastic to see them being used throughout the session as well as having the opportunity to have a go. Throughout the session I have taken ideas and jotted these down about how these could be implemented within the sessions. I really liked the fact that tools were listed in order of difficultly from easiest to most complex. Some staff have a reluctance to changes towards technology based teaching and I am going to introduce these tools from easiest to hardest to make their experience more positive and help them develop confidence that they can incorporate technology into their sessions.
- Fantastic and engaging session.
- Chomping at the bit now to put new learning into practice. Very inspirational session!
- It’s like someone has opened the curtains in a dark room and I can see the light.
- Feel 100% more confident in using technology that is new to me.
- Tony provides resources and how-to guides which are the most likely areas of support I would need which is great.
- Excellent session, allowed me to interact and gain inspiration from other providers. Thank you very much, will definitely be recommending.
- I was originally daunted by the thought of a 3.5 hour session but the time passed more enjoyably and easily than other much shorter training sessions that I have attended, as the sessions were interesting and engaging. They were well put together, skilfully delivered and very useful. Thank you.
For more details, do please get in touch: www.ccqi.org.uk/contact