The CCQI Self-Assessment Strategy
Creating and capturing the right learning conversations.
- Location Zoom
- Time Friday April 23rd (13:00 – 16:30)
- Cost £39
To book onto this session, please click the Request Invoice (if you are an organisation) or PayPal (if you are an individual). To request an invoice for larger bookings, please drop me a line.
Please remember to add the name, organisation and email address of the delegates so that the joining instructions can be forwarded.
Typical inspection issues this session addresses
- Managers do not analyse weaknesses accurately and identify specific actions for sustained improvement. As a result, the self-assessment report and quality improvement plan are not precise enough.
Did you know that if you base your self-assessment process on the Ofsted EIF you’ll have gaping holes in the most important aspects of your provision?
Did you know that the worst mistake in self assessment is to jump to the development plan too early? It allows bureaucracy to blossom and it will prevent you resolving your adverse symptoms.
And did you know that many providers restrict themselves to ‘grade 2’ simply because their self-assessment format requires staff to write about strengths and areas for improvement?
The problem with many SAR processes is that they’re done how they’ve always been done, or the architects of the system have been trained by former inspectors to create reports in Ofsted’s image.
The CCQI Self-Assessment Strategy is very different: it’s a big choreographed conversation captured by a simple form. Staff who use the system get addicted to searching for the root-cause issues behind any adverse symptoms in their data. The important point being made here is that you can never resolve a symptom directly, so you should never have any text such as: ‘poor retention rates’, ‘poor value-added scores’, ‘poor pass rates’ at the start of your development plan lines. Nor can you have the opposite of these are your visions for success.
If you want to see how to create an engaging, informative and transformational self-assessment system, then do join this session on November 4th.
This session includes access to the CCQI Self-Assessment Strategy and all of the documents needed to run the process.
This session will enable delegates to:
- use an investigative conversation to determine/hypothesise the root-cause issue/s behind a symptom of underperformance
- capture these analytical conversations in simple self-assessment paperwork
- set out clearly the adverse impact on learning of root-cause issues
- write an effective development plan
- capture the strengths in their provision for the benefit of the whole organisation
- use their understanding of the CCQI Self Assessment Strategy to determine the next steps in the development of their own system.
What the delegates say
For an overview of feedback on this session, please click here.
These comments can be invaluable when generating curiosity about forthcoming training.
- My 2 dimensional SAR glasses have been modified to 3D.
- It has given me a totally different view and understanding, as if I am on the outside looking in.
- The gate has been opened.
- Brilliant session, thank you. It will change what I do and how I do it.
- The fog has been lifted, I’ve taken my thick glasses off, I’ve had corrective eye laser surgery and I now have a clear picture of what I need to do and why!
- Stunningly simple approach to self assessment.
To book onto this session, please use the PayPal button below, or use this contact link to request an invoice, remembering to add your name, organisation and address.