Supported independent study
Click here for an overview of the training.
Click each provider’s name to see a detailed list of impact on staff.
Hopwood Hall College
- Realised we need to own the problem in order to solve it.
- Excited for the new academic year; new possibilities and tools to add to my repertoire!
- Thinking about the root and cause of issues, language use: conversations with learners rather than challenges.
- Session was useful and relevant to what we do. Handout with pedagogy activities on will be useful to reflect on.
- Looking forward to changes that will come about as a result of this session.
- I would like to create a more welcoming environment for learners.
- The trainer had extensive knowledge in the subject, and provided very useful information.
- The curtains being opened with new possibilities of a fresh day.
- [I need to] Speak more directly to the learners on a one-to-one basis.
- Incredibly useful.
- Thinking about ways to present toe iLearn sessions differently and convey the importance of them.
- [I need to] Look at how our mindset impacts on learning; change our approach.
- Thank you once again for a thought-provoking session that has given us much needed input and ideas.
- The session helped us to identify our own departmental issues and as a result we’ll now look into making changes to our attitude to learners and their behaviour as to not seem as antagonistic.
- Session was fantastic. A great session that has enabled us to identify where we need to be and sown the seeds of how we get there.
- I really enjoyed it and I am excited to see what will become of this session.
- [I need to] Create a better/different induction to achieve the iLearn sessions being valued and helping learners wanting to be there to complete work.
- This session has helped very much and what I would do differently would be to find the root cause and to work from there.
- You can take a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink it. [I need to] Think more about my actions upon learners and how they feel in our centres. Thinking about wider staff understanding of iLearn or blended learning.